Seeking Obligatory Knowledge:
Almighty has made certain things obligatory on people, it is obligatory on us to know those injunctions and get necessary knowledge about them. This is utmost necessary to find salvation in both the worlds. It is unfortunate to see that Muslims have abandoned seeking these forms of knowledge these days. And the most saddened part is that these Muslims have forgotten religious injunctions that are needed to run day to day life. In order to fulfill this dire need of Muslim, a short course has been designed with the name of ‘Faham-e-Deen Course, by Islami Roohani Mission to enlighten people of all walks of life. In this course, a selection of topics from the Holy Quran, Hadith of the blessed Holy Prophet (ﷺ), Fiqh Islami and Sunnah of the blessed Holy Prophet (ﷺ) have been carefully selected and prescribed to provide necessary knowledge about Islam. These are the topics that a common Muslim needs in his daily life. This means, this course provides information about Islam’s basic tenants, prayer, Zakat, Fasting, Hajj and issues related to death.
Knowledge and Ignorance:
Allah Almighty says in the Holy Quran,
قُلۡ هَلۡ يَسۡتَوِى الَّذِيۡنَ يَعۡلَمُوۡنَ وَالَّذِيۡنَ لَا يَعۡلَمُوۡنَؕ
“Ask them: “Are those who know equal to those who do not know?” (39:09)
Seeking knowledge is a pursuit that affords a believer nearness to Allah Almighty and ensures success on both the worlds while ignorance leads astray. With ignorance, a believer displeases his Lord and destroys prospects of success in both the worlds.
It is obligatory on every Muslim to learn Tajweed in order to recite the Holy Quran correctly.
The Holy Quran:
It is obligatory on every individual to know about the obligatory injunctions sent by Allah Almighty. The Holy Quran is the Divine Book that Allah Almighty to guide the humanity. We know these obligatory injunctions from the Holy Quran.
The sayings of the blessed Holy Prophet (ﷺ) are the beacon light for the believers that they get guidance from them all their life. It is very important for us to know what the blessed Holy Prophet (ﷺ) has said and this is possible by reading Hadith.
The blessed Holy Prophet (ﷺ) says, مَنْ يُرِدِ اَللَّهُ بِهِ خَيْرًا, يُفَقِّهْهُ فِي اَلدِّينِ, ‘When Allah wishes good for anyone, He bestows upon him the Fiqh (comprehension) of the religion.” It is obligatory on all of us to get the knowledge of Fiqh Islami. This helps practicing necessary injunctions of Islam (prayer, Zakat etc.) amicably.
Sunnan& Best Practices:
الدين كل ادب, ‘Deen (religion) is all about observing respect.’ Practicing Deen is not possible without due reverence towards these religious injunctions. When we observe respect while practicing Deen, it adorns our life with decency and balance. The Sunnah of the blessed Holy Prophet (ﷺ) are the best practices and role model a believer should follow in order to live a life that pleases Allah Almighty.
Islamic Ideological Guidance:
This is to guide Muslim Ummah towards following the commands of Allah Almighty and the blessed Holy Prophet (ﷺ). This provides a center point where all Muslim find a unity in their religious, social and personal lives.
This course is compiled by a team of an experienced religious scholars under the guidance of Peer Tareeqat Hazrat Allama Professor Muhammad MaqsoodElahi Naqshbandi. This course is conducted in all the centers of Islami Roohani Mission across the country and abroad. Our reverend Sheikh Tareeqat Hazrat Allama Professor Muhammad MaqsoodElahi Naqshbandi often highlight the importance of doing this course in his regular speeches and public addresses and convince the people to do this course. We have a team of experienced religious scholars who teach and conduct this course. Al-Maqsood Research Center conducts this course at all the centers of Islami Roohani Mission across the country and abroad.
- Islami Roohani Mission has set up Islamic Centers to conduct this course.
- This course is also conducted in different mosques across the country.
- In some areas, this course is conducted in schools so that people of the area could learn about the basic teachings of Islam.
- Area offices: Under the auspices of Islami Roohani Mission, this course is conducted at district, city and town levels. People living in these areas can participate in this course.
- Online: This course is made available online to distant subscribers. This means if you are sitting at a far off place, you have a chance to register online and do this course.
How do we conduct it?
- Face to Face classes: This course lasts for 3 months. On every Sunday, a class of 2 to 3 hours sessions are given to the students. At the end of the course, an exam is given to test the progress of the attendees. The successful participants are awarded certificates.
- Timings: In order to facilitate people and not to disturb their daily schedules, this course is done on weekends so that they can easily attend classes. It is taken care that the venues of the course should be within the easy access of the attendees.
- No Fee: This course is absolutely free of charge.
- Frequency: This course is conducted thrice in a year at the main center, besides the regional and local centers. However, all the year round, a campaign is launched to attract maximum participant. In case, classes end in a district or town, new course is launched for the next group.
- This course is a source of winning pleasure of Allah Almighty.
- This helps performing our obligatory religious practices (prayer etc.) correctly.
- This affords fear of Allah and a sense of Divine presence in our prayers.
- The participants become the teachers when they finish this course.
- It helps us learn the ways and Sunnah of our beloved Holy Prophet (ﷺ). This is good that we may spend our lives according to Sunnah of our blessed Holy Prophet (ﷺ).
- This is a sure source of success in both the worlds.
A Word of Request!
- You are requested to help us arranging this course, so that maximum people can have access to it.
- You may offer your place (house, mosque school etc.) to conduct this course.
- You may buy and distribute Faham-e-Deen Course book to other people.
- Try to convince your friends and relatives to do this course.